Monday, September 23, 2013

Not Much to Say

Just a quick update.  We have received a few referrals and I have sent requests about two brothers and a single little boy.  We were denied for both, one because they are only considering African American families and the other didn't specify why.  It could be for any number of reasons like they're looking for a family with no kids or a family with only one child or matching the boy with Isaac wouldn't work . . . who knows.  The referrals Cameron sent us didn't pan out either.

Obviously, I don't know what the future holds for us, but honestly, I have been drawn to Mia and Fonzie since March and until I know more about the possibility of them becoming part of our family I'm not sure I will really ever 'receive' other referrals, especially for sibling groups.  A younger little boy would be easier to be interested in.

I e-mailed Cameron to ask how she would feel about me e-mailing Mia and Fonzie's worker.  I just wanted to touch base with Jolene in a more personal fashion letting her know we are anxious to hear more about them and even meet them.  I'm not sure why on earth it is taking so long to get a conference call rescheduled.  It's been almost 4 weeks since our last call was postponed.  

Cameron's reply was that Jolene had just e-mailed her before I did and wanted some dates and times to reschedule.  Dang!  I told her ANYTIME!  Pick a time.  We'll make it work!!  We're going on vacation next week but we can find a phone and conference with you!  This was Wednesday and I still haven't heard back with a date and time.  So, again, we wait . . . All in good timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment